Continues the work from Robotics 1 by expanding systems design to include data collection and analysis. Use of LabVIEW, the industry standard engineering design software, is emphasized and the software engineering process is used to design more complex products. Additionally, students explore career opportunities, employer expectations, and educational needs in the robotics industry. Counts as a math credit and must be taken with Robotics 1.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Co-enrollment with or completion of Algebra 2
Other Information:Offered at Technology, Exploration and Career Center - East (TECC-E) Only Corequisite: Robotics - Engineering 1 (TECC-E)
Why Robotics - Engineering 2?
- Satisfies 3rd math for FHSP
- Explores and connects appropriate mathematics used in the field of engineering and robotic design
Who should consider taking Robotics - Engineering 2?
- 10th - 12th students:
- Want mathematics coursework to support college/career plans in the field of engineering
- Want math coursework used in the field of engineering where students solve and model robotic design problems
- Want to explore the programming and math used with artificial intelligence in the manufacturing industry
- Want to take coursework in an applied math course