Students will study linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational and radical expressions, equations, and functions as well as probability and statistics. College Prep Math is designed to help students meet college entrance requirements (TSI testing) and to be ready for entry-level college math coursework. Students taking this course are strongly encouraged to take the TSI upon course completion.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Geometry & Algebra 2
Why College Prep Math?
- HB 5 course that satisfies 4th math on FHSP + Endorsement
- To prepare students for entry-level college coursework
- To support students in meeting TSI math assessment requirements
Who should consider taking College Prep Math?
- 12th grade students who have not yet met TAC Texas Success Initiative Exemptions that Define College Readiness as indicated by:
- ACT: composite of 23 with minimum of 19 on the math test
- SAT: minimum of 530 on math test
- TSIA 2 Math Assessment: minimum of 950 (CRC Test) or Level 6 (Diagnostic Test)