This course is an in-depth study and applications of polynomial, rational, radical, exponential and logarithmic functions, and systems of equations using matrices. Additional topics such as sequences, series, probability, and conics may be included. Students/Parents/Guardians are responsible for any registration, tuition, fees and textbook costs. Students served under Free/Reduced lunch may qualify for tuition waivers. This course is equivalent to College Algebra (MATH 1314).
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 2 and meet TSI College Readiness Standard for Mathematics
Other Information:Note: 18 week semester course
Why Independent Study in Math - Dual Credit (College Algebra - MATH 1314) 18 week?
- To provide college ready students the opportunity to gain college credit while in high school
- To support high school students as they transition to college level coursework
- Habits of Mind
- HB 5: Student may earn Performance Acknowledgement on transcript for outstanding performance in dual credit courses (12 hours, 3.0 GPA)
Who should consider taking Independent Study in Math - Dual Credit (College Algebra - MATH 1314) 18 week?
- 11th-12th grade students who are interested in earning college credit and are currently ready for entry-level college coursework as indicated by:
- Successful completion of Algebra II, CPM, or Precalculus
- TAC Texas Success Initiative Exemptions that Define College Readiness:
- ACT: composite of 23 with minimum of 19 on the math test
- SAT: minimum of 530 on math test
- TSIA 2 Math Assessment: minimum of 950 (CRC Test) or Level 6 (Diagnostic Test)