Independent Studies in Math - Dual Credit (Elementary Statistical Methods - MATH 1342) 18 week Collection, analysis, presentation and interpretation of data and probability. Analysis includes descriptive statistics, correlation and regression, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing. Use of appropriate technology is recommended. Students/Parents/Guardians are responsible for any registration, tuition, fees and textbook costs. Students served under Free/Reduced lunch may qualify for tuition waivers. This course is equivalent to MATH 1342 - Elementary Statistical Methods(3 credit hours).
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 2 and meet TSI college-readiness standard for Mathematics
Other Information:Note: 18 week semester course
Why Independent Studies in Math - Dual Credit (Elementary Statistical Methods - MATH 1342) 18 week?
- To provide college ready students the opportunity to gain college credit while in high school
- To support high school students as they transition to college level coursework
- Habits of Mind
- HB 5: Student may earn Performance Acknowledgement on transcript for outstanding performance in dual credit courses (12 hours, 3.0 GPA)
Who should consider taking Independent Studies in Math - Dual Credit (Elementary Statistical Methods - MATH 1342) 18 week?
- 11th-12th grade students who are interested in earning college credit and are currently ready for entry-level college coursework as indicated by:
- Successful completion of Algebra II, CPM, or Precalculus
- TAC Texas Success Initiative Exemptions that Define College Readiness:
- ACT: composite of 23 with minimum of 19 on the math test
- SAT: minimum of 530 on math test
- TSIA 2 Math Assessment: minimum of 950 (CRC Test) or Level 6 (Diagnostic Test)