Mathematical Models with Applications Virtual is an online class taught through LISD's Virtual Learning Academy. Please read through the entire description. In Mathematical Models with Applications, students will use a mathematical modeling cycle to analyze problems, understand problems better, and improve decisions. Students learn to apply mathematics through experiences in personal finance, science, engineering, fine arts, and social sciences. Graphing technology will be utilized in this course. While instruction and content are delivered over the internet, students do have opportunities to meet with their instructor for personalized instruction using video conferencing and periodic face to face by appointment. Flexibility of the course allows for inside and outside the school day scheduling. If taken inside the school day, students have the option to schedule the course during their 1st, 3rd, or 4th periods. Students do not have to be physically present on campus to take an online course. While there is flexibility in the time of day you work on your classes, they are NOT self-paced. Visit the VLA website to learn more about virtual learning opportunities in LISD: http://vla.lisd.net
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 1. Recommendation: Geometry.
Other Information:Offered online via the LISD Virtual Learning Academy (VLA)
Why Mathematical Models with Applications B - Virtual Learning?
- Satisfies 3rd math for FHSP
- Math content learned through modeling of real-life problems
- Content that supports variety of options in future math coursework including college core math requirement - Contemporary Mathematics
Who should consider taking Mathematical Models with Applications B - Virtual Learning?
- 11th-12th grade students:
- Want math coursework that explores modeling in finance, science, fine arts, and social science fields
- Want mathematics coursework based on college/career plans in Arts & Humanities