In this course, students will broaden their knowledge of variability and statistical processes. Students will study sampling and experimentation, categorical and quantitative data, probability and random variables, inference, and bivariate data. Students will connect data and statistical processes to real-world situations and will extend their knowledge of data analysis. Graphing technology will be utilized in this course.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 1 Recommendation: Geometry
- Satisfies 3rd or 4th math for FHSP + Endorsement
- Build understanding of statistical data seen in everyday life
- College core math requirement for Public Services and Business & Industry widely includes coursework in Statistics
- More data analysis on SAT than in past
Who should consider taking Statistics?
- Completing non-STEM DLA endorsement path:
- Want coursework in statistics based on college/career plans in Public Services or Business & Industry
- Want coursework to help improve data analysis strand on SAT
- Want math coursework to support better understand statistical data seen in everyday life