Topics may include introductory treatments of sets, logic, number systems, number theory, relations, functions, probability and statistics. Appropriate applications are included. Students/Parents/Guardians are responsible for any registration, tuition, fees and textbook costs. Students served under Free/Reduced lunch may qualify for tuition waivers. This course is equivalent to MATH 1332 - Contemporary Mathematics (3 credit hours).
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 2 and TSI college readiness standard for mathematics
Other Information:Note: 18 week semester course
Why Independent Study in Math - Dual Credit (Contemporary Mathematics - MATH 1332) 18 week?
- To provide college ready students the opportunity to gain college credit while in high school
- To support high school students as they transition to college level coursework
- Habits of Mind
- HB 5: Student may earn Performance Acknowledgement on transcript for outstanding performance in dual credit courses (12 hours, 3.0 GPA)
Who should consider taking Independent Study in Math - Dual Credit (Contemporary Mathematics - MATH 1332) 18 week?
- 11th-12th grade students who are interested in earning college credit and are currently ready for entry-level college coursework as indicated by:
- Successful completion of Algebra II, CPM, or Precalculus
- TAC Texas Success Initiative Exemptions that Define College Readiness:
- ACT: composite of 23 with minimum of 19 on the math test
- SAT: minimum of 530 on math test
- TSI Math Assessment: minimum of 350