Calculus (AB) Advanced Placement is the study of introductory differential and integral calculus. Participation in the Advanced Placement examination for a possibility of 3 hours college credit is advised. Graphing technology will be utilized in this course.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Precalculus or Precalculus Honors
Why Calculus AB AP?
- Satisfies 3rd or 4th math for FHSP + Endorsement
- May be beneficial in admissions process or scholarship opportunities, particularly at more competitive universities
- Calculus coursework is generally required for science, engineering, business, and mathematics majors
- Students who successfully complete the course and exam may receive credit, advanced placement or both for a one- or two-semester college calculus course
Who should consider taking Calculus AB AP?
- Completing STEM or non-STEM DLA endorsement path:
- Want advanced mathematics coursework to support college/career plans in STEM or Business & Industry
- Want to complete studies equivalent to a one or two semester, college course in calculus
- Want opportunity to potentially earn college credit and/or advanced placement through AP exam
- Want coursework to be competitive in admissions process or scholarship opportunities