In Precalculus, students systematically work with functions and their multiple representations. The study of Precalculus deepens students` mathematical understanding and fluency with Algebra and Trigonometry and extends their ability to make connections and apply concepts and procedures at higher levels. Graphing technology will be utilized in this course. This course is waived for UIL eligibility.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2
- Satisfies 3rd or 4th math for FHSP + Endorsement
- May be beneficial in admissions process, particularly at more competitive universities
- Foundation for more advanced mathematics in STEM and Business & Industry coursework such as Calculus
Who should consider taking Precalculus?
- Completing STEM or non-STEM DLA endorsement path:
- Want advanced mathematics coursework to support college/career plans in STEM or Business & Industry
- Want coursework to be competitive in admissions process