In Algebra 2, students will broaden their knowledge of quadratic functions, exponential functions, and systems of equations. Students will study logarithmic, square root, cubic, cube root, absolute value, rational functions, and their related equations. Students are encouraged to have a graphing calculator TI-83/TI-84 (or equivalent). This blended model offers students the opportunity to experience the benefits of blended learning while remaining on campus. Students meet as a class two to three days a week with their teacher and have opportunities to work collaboratively and independently in flexible learning spaces throughout the campus primarily through digital content delivered over the Internet. Students may also meet individually and in small groups with their teachers on independent learning days for personalized instruction. This course may not be offered on all campuses.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 1 Recommendation: Geometry
Why Algebra 2 blendED?
- Satisfies 3rd or 4th math for FHSP + Endorsement
- Required for Distinguished Level of Achievement (DLA) and STEM Endorsement
- Widely needed to meet college admissions requirements in math at 4 year universities
- Content included on TSI test for college placement and other college entrance exams
- Foundation for more advanced mathematics in STEM coursework
Who should consider taking Algebra 2 blendED?
- Completing STEM or non-STEM DLA endorsement path:
- Want advanced mathematics coursework to support college/career plans
- Want coursework to help improve SAT/ACT/TSI exam scores
- Want to meet college admissions requirements
- Want to meet DLA requirements