In Algebra 2, students will broaden their knowledge of quadratic functions, exponential functions, and systems of equations. Students will study logarithmic, square root, cubic, cube root, absolute value, rational functions, and their related equations. Graphing technology will be utilized in this course.
Prerequisite & Recommendations:
Prerequisite: Algebra 1 Recommendation: Geometry
Why Algebra 2?
- Satisfies 3rd or 4th math for FHSP + Endorsement
- Required for Distinguished Level of Achievement (DLA) and STEM Endorsement
- Widely needed to meet college admissions requirements in math at 4 year universities
- Content included on TSI test for college placement and other college entrance exams
- Foundation for more advanced mathematics in STEM coursework
Who should consider taking Algebra 2?
- Completing STEM or non-STEM DLA endorsement path:
- Want advanced mathematics coursework to support college/career plans
- Want coursework to help improve SAT/ACT/TSI exam scores
- Want to meet college admissions requirements
- Want to meet DLA requirements